1. Let in as much sunlight as possible.
2. Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
3. Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating.
5. Keep your home vacuumed and dusted at all times.
6. Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
7. Have a family “game plan” to get the house in order quickly if necessary.
8. Air out your home for a half hour before showings, if possible.
9. Lightly spray the home with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer arrives.
10. Put family pictures in storage.
11. Improve traffic flow throughout every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
13. Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
14. Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the house and make it look bigger.
15. Repair or replace and loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the house.
17. Wash all windows inside and out.
18. Use plants in transitional areas of your home.
19. Make the most of your attic’s potential.
20. Remove and/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires.
21. Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.
22. Remove all smoke and pet odors.
23. Repair or replace banisters and handrails.
Hopefully these tips will help you get your home sold faster!