Easter is a great time to spend a little extra time with your family. There are many events going on in the Nashville area to help celebrate Easter.
1. The Nashville Zoo at Grassmere is hosting their annual Eggstravanganzoo which is an Easter Egg Hunt. It will take place on Saturday, April 19 from 9:00-4:00. Here is the hunt schedule by age: 2 year old and younger: 10:00 OR 12:30; 3 year olds: 10:30 OR 1:00; 4-5 year olds: 11:00 OR 1:30; 6-7 year olds: 11:30 OR 2:00; 8-10 year olds 12:00 OR 2:30. There will also be a Bunny Breakfast and Bunny Lunch, however that will be by reservation only. There will also be other games, along with a visit from the Easter Bunny and the Zoo’s mascot, Twiga. The kids aren’t the only ones who will be searching for eggs! Some of the animals of the zoo will also be able to search for eggs! This event is free with admission to the zoo, and will take place at the zoo’s Festival Field. It will be a fun time for all!
2. Easter Bunny Excursion– Hop on the Tennessee Central Railway at the Donelson Commuter Station on April 19! The train boards at 8:30 and departs at 9:00. This fun filled day starts with riding the train with the Easter Bunny all the way to Watertown! Be sure to bring your camera to take pictures of the Easter Bunny! Once in Watertown, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt for the children! Then, you will take the train back to the Donelson Commuter Station! The total time for this trip is just over 6 hours! Please go here to check out the details!
3. Lucky Ladd Farms Easter Celebration– The Easter Bunny will be there on April 18-19 from 11:00-4:00. There will be Easter Egg Hunts, prizes, games, and special golden eggs with bonus prizes hidden! You can also take pictures with some very special baby animals, such as: lambs, bunnies, chicks, and ducks! Check out their website here.
4. Cheekwood Art and Gardens is hosting their annual Spring Art Hop on Saturday, April 19 from 10:00-4:00. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt (with over 20,000 eggs), arts and crafts, performances, and music! At 12:00 and 2:00 there will be a magic show! There will also be a petting zoo. Click here to learn more!
5. The Lebanon Easter Egg Hunt will be taking place on Saturday, April 19 from 10:00 to 12:00. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt and a Decorated Egg Contest! The event will be in the Fiddlers Grove at the Wilson County Fairgrounds. You are welcome to bring your camera!